Destashing

I have a few tools that I don’t use any more or have hardly used it. See if you are interested in it. If you want it please mail me on sakhi.laghukatha [at] gmail.com for further details.

Ek success_scallop circle layering punch

I have used this punch once or may be twice. Now since I have got die cutting machine, I don’t use it at all. Price – INR 800 + shipping – SOLD

The enveloper comes with the complete instructions helps in making various size envelops. Used sparingly. Price: 1500 plus shipping for enveloper plus the score board. (INR 800 + Shipping if bought singly) – SOLD

The scoreboard comes with the complete instructions.  Can make various shapes and sizes cards and boxes. Used sparingly. Price: INR 1500 plus shipping for enveloper plus the score board. (INR 800 + Shipping if bought singly) – SOLD

Rakhi card and some experiments…

I have done a couple of new rakhi cards, albeit a little simple ones. Do have a look…

image

I used some nicely printed stock cards and embellishments which I purchased locally. I liked the layout simple and so did not add any sentiments to these cards. Hope you like it.

Now, let me tell you something about what I learnt today while successfully experimenting in crafting.

I do not have sophisticated die cuts or even very expensive other tools but when I see doileys and layouts with beautiful pattern papers I get a little sad that I can’t use those beauties.

But on browsing on internet I came across some super cool videos on how to make doileys and madellions using corner punches. I own two corner punches and I tried using them. I am quite happy with the results.

I used simple chart paper, cut it into 3.5 cm diameter circles and 2×2 cm squares, used my corner punches on these cut outs and voila… my Doileys and Madellions were ready. Have a look…

image

image

I have kept the waste, which I might use later for some other project ;)

image

Now, about another experiment… I told you that I don’t own many patterned papers but I do have a few good patterned tissue papers. I learnt a technique of transfering these tissue design to a plain card stock and using for any of the projects.

What I did was, I took a rectangle piece of plain chart paper, placed a bigger peice of cling film (used in kitchen) over it and layered this with single ply of patterned tissue paper (most tissues available in India are double ply or triple ply, so remember to use just the designed single ply of the tissue paper). Then I put another piece of chart paper over this and ironed it over the top on medium temperature. (You might need to do it once or twice or more to get it right but once you get the hang of it, you will simply love it). Then I cut the excess plastic and tissue around the chart paper. I loved the way it turned out. See for yourself…

image

Aren’t these lovely?

Well, now I am tired with all these experiments and crafting. I am feeling Zzzzzzz…

So Ciao… but do let me know if you have any queries about today’s post, I will be happy to help you.

Now good night :)

~ Sakhi

P. S. If I have made any errors in today’s post, please excuse me since I am too tired with all the work and then studies and then crafting and now blogging but I HAD to share this with you… Couldn’t wait till tomorrow :)

It has finally arrived…

For a while now I wanted to have a scoreboard of good quality. I came across a good deal on RUCRAFT where I could get “Crafter’s Companion” scoreboard AND an enveloper too. It arrived today from UK… Yay…

Have a look…

image

It came packed well (I was a little apprehensive) and this is how the products look. These surely are going to reduce a of trouble for me when I craft.

image

Cool, hun?! I am quite happy… :)

Ciao

Phew…

I have been struggling to manage my card stock and other paper collection. Everytime I want some paper I would have to go through different piles of bags where I used to store them. Not only it was irritating, this way of storing papers damaged those lovelies and took a lot of space in my, already cramped, craft cupboard. Finally I thought of taking matters in my hands… ;)

I went and bought myself two cardboard box files and a lot of (50 to be precise :D ) transparent sheet protectors. Organised and re-organised papers and finally I was happy with my decision. I could also find a lot of paper scrap which I had hoarded for long and could be used… These are now safely and neatly placed in one of the protectors and are easily accessible. Take a look at my new, organised paper mountain :D

image

Nice, hun? I should have taken “before” picture too… Well, now not possible ;) Now, let me show you some inside story…

image

image

image

image

Well, I am quite happy with myself… ‘pat on my own back’ … Hee hee…

Let me tell you something else. For quite sometime I wanted to buy acrylic blocks for stamping but was unsble to procure it. These are available Online but the shipping cost was more than the block itself. So I decided to do something about it. I went to a neighbourhood Glass and Hardware shop, got a couple of 12″ thick glass blocks cut and got the edges rounded. Voila, my stamping blocks were ready. He gave me one free too as it was a waste for him. So in 110 Rupees I got three glass stamping blocks. I know, I will have to be a little careful while using it since it is glass but for now my need is satisfied. Take alook at my new acquisition.

image

So, that’s all for now. Will be back soon.

Ciao…